Friday, July 25, 2014

Charlies's Place.





"Hi Matt and Dean,  I've finally got the shop open in Venice. The address is 904 Pacific Ave. I'd love to see you guys if you ever have a free moment to drop by. I would love to head back to TriCo (I live on the West Side now), but I'm working at the store six days a week. I'm trying to get some more ink done by Brian at Dark Horse, so maybe I'll be able to make it at some point after all. Anyways, I wanted to thank you all for the help that you gave me early in this process and share some images of the final product. The store came out looking great. I collaborated on the design with Ben Phillips and Florence Tang, who I think that you guys know. Sonny Boy did the logo and Shawn McKinney did the sign painting, so I've kept it in the family over here! I also wanted to check in with you guys about possibly selling a few issues of Dice each month at the store. Let me know if that's something you might be interested in. Thanks again and ride safe"
Charlie.

Always good to see independent stores opening up. More power to all of us, (slightly) less power to the corporate world.



No comments:

Post a Comment